Thursday, February 5, 2009

NCAA basketball

Some of my posts in the next while will be updating everyone on my video game life. As often as I see fit, I will be updating everyone on the exciting world of NCAA basketball 09.

I should have done this at the start of the season, but i didn't come up with the brilliant idea until yesterday afternoon as i was writing the most boring essay on business ethics ever. 10 pages and its a book report...stupid.

Anyways, I am the Wichita State shockers and currently have a record of 14-5...7-3 in conference play. I have lost 2 straight to Evansville and Bradley...2 bad losses as far as i'm concerened because they are both bottom dwellers in the missouri valley conference.

My starting lineup...

C Garrett Stutz - Fr (7' footer with loads of potential...a good rebounder with a nice touch)
F JT Durley - So (a garbage guy who grabs boards and plays solid defence)
G David Kyles - Fr (sweet shooting guard who is my best offensive player)
G Torre Murry - Fr (scorer who likes to penetrate and finishes well...my best defensive player)
G Reggie Britton Jr - Fr (consumate team guy...does everything well...good shooter, good passer)

off the bench i bring...

PG Clevin Hannah - Jr (not a good shooter, OK passer, very quick)
PF Aaron Ellis - So (great rebounder, ok finisher around the hoop)
PG Reggie Chamberlain - So (bad shooter, can get to the rim with his quickness)
SG - Graham Hatch - Jr (only Mormon on the team, good shooter who is struggling lately)
F - Ramon Clemente - Sr (undersized PF who does the little things)

As you can see i have a really young team. I start 4 freshman and a sophmore. I really anna build my team around shooters. I like to play small ball with one big man and a forward and 3 guards...that is my ideal lineup. Anyways, i will update this blog every so often with results from games. perhaps i will update it with stats when i'm home and in front of my PS3.

the feedback on the team would be appreciated...thanks!

1 comment:

Hairbig said...

I've seen David Kyles play. He's an enforcer. Other than Coach Deek's amazing offensive set and his balanced playing tempo, I would argue that Kyles is the reason the Shockers are number one in the conference.

Coach needs to give Kyles a bit of a reality check though or he'll take off to the draft. I don't think they'll be good in the NBA though, but time will tell. Should be a great season coach, good work!