Tuesday, December 22, 2009

tiger woods

Everyone has gone crazy about the Tiger Woods story. Workplaces everywhere have been buzzing about all of the Tiger drama that has taken place in the last 2-4 weeks. Its been unreal. Its interesting to watch a guy that goes from being 'too perfect' to 'not so perfect' so quickly. You want my take? Well regardless of how you answered that question i'm going to give it to you.

I thought Tiger Woods was the coolest guy on earth. Greatest golfer alive, fairly good looking, nice looking family, wore great outfits on the course, represented one of my favorite companies, Nike but most of all I wanted to play golf like him. I watch golf because of Tiger Woods. I wear red on the golf course because of Tiger Woods. I PVR the tournaments he is in and fast forward to each of his shots, rarely watching anyone else (only when it is super intense do I watch others). We have all made mistakes in our lives, I think we need to forgive and forget...however this does not excuse Tiger for his 'transgressions'. I believe that when you are a public figure like Tiger you have to hold yourself to a higher standard and be a role model...because it comes with the territory. He let a lot of people down with his recent 'misdeeds' and he is going to have to work hard to regain some of his fans. For me? Well, what has happened is unfortunate, I don't condone it and I feel badly for his wife (ex?), his kids and the rest of his family/loved ones, but at the end of the day I loved Tiger for 1 reason and 1 reason only...and that was how he handled himself from the 1st tee to the 18th green...that is why I still love Tiger Woods.

3 comments:

Hairbig said...

I believe this says it all:

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/233147/defending-tiger-woods

I am with you all the way. I have never thought the Tiger jokes were funny especially that guy on sonic who still is throwing them out there, enough so old.

In professions such as teaching, doctors and lawyers they are held to what society calls the fiduciary obligation where, when they do something in their personal lives that would cause them to lose the trust of society they are legally accountable and can be fired for it. These professions are legally required to uphold moral standards, a pro athlete should not be shunned for making a mistake.

The thing I don't like is that the press is attacking Tiger for what he did, but David Letterman can make a joke out of it and come away as a hero. The media is messed up.

Brett said...

well the only thing with that is that letterman does come out and talk about it, while tiger (as far as i know) just puts some posts up on his website. we wanna know what's hidden, but a normal person would act as tiger is...I SPECULATE. but really, i don't really care, i have watched maybe 10 mins of sports this year aside from UFC and Formula1. i kinda want some big blow out. i wish he had kept playing and ended up hitting a golf ball through a paparazo's lens and into his eye socket! (and he had to keep the golf ball in or else he would lose his eye in the surgery...the irony that he can't use his eye with or without the golf ball...so sad...)

Reags said...

Ti-cember forever!!