Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter & Baking

Hey friends,

So everyone has been posting about Easter and all the fun they had...I had fun too so I wanted to share some of what I did for a couple hours on Friday! Isn't that exciting?

Recently I have been going a lot of crafts...so I decided to switch it up and bake some cupcakes!

Since it was Easter I decided to start off with a relatively easy creation called Easter's bunnies...these are male and female bunny rabbits (aren't they cute?) who are coated with tasty icing and finished off with a healthy portion of coconut...delicious too!



After creating a bakers dozen of these cute cupcakes I decided to make some more that were even cuter! Since buying Julie Super Mario Brothers for the Wii I have been dying to make these little guys...how adorable



Those 2 were easier than I thought so I took it up a notch...I love sports and I used to play pool each Easter Friday with my brother when I was little. Sometimes it's so fun to take a little trip down memory lane and this creation definitely did the trick.



And now for the most exciting part of Easter! DINNER TIME!! Is everyone ready for some drumsticks, vegetables, mashed potatoes & gravy served with dessert? I am hungry, how about you? I know that these dinner themed cupcakes look difficult to make but just stick with it and you can have the same result I did!



Wow, I am tired from all of that Friday morning baking...the cupcakes turned out well and I had such a blast doing this! If you guys want the recipes to these delicious and super cute cakes then let me know and I can get them to you no problem.

Enjoy yourselves and be safe...
Spence

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Ba ha ha ha ha!!!! I love it. You are so hilarious Spence! I wish you really would make me some cupcakes though....it's not nice to brag about treats on a blog that a pregnant girl reads! How rude.....

Anonymous said...

I don't appreciate how you always make fun of us girls. We work hard and stay at home all day with our kids. blogs are a way for us to vent about our emotions and share the fun experiences with our kids, obviously you don't respect what it means to have a child and be a stay at home mother!!! Your sarcastic tone is offensive and rude

Jenny Fitzner said...

as if you don't think those cupcakes are cool for real...

Melissa said...

Wow. You have dedicated yourself to mocking other people's blogs. Somehow I'm not surprised. You always were an overachiever when it came to mocking.

Kay said...

Spence you definitely need to teach a cake decorating class...I think Michael's is hiring...I am glad you are truly inspired by others' blogs...it almost motivates me to document Melvin's video game stats on mine...maybe one day. Funny though....

Kay

P.S. I am a little jealous that you always get more comments on your blog

houseofhud said...

Wow Spencer. You are so creative and have a wonderful talent! I have never seen that side of you before. You should open up an Etsy shop with all your cute creations!!! I would love the recipes for your cupcakes. They look to die for. Are they a butter cream icing? And crocheting?!? You must be pretty fast to whip that up in a day! This summer we can sit on the dock and you can show me how to crochet. Okay?! Clearly I can't keep up to you and your friends in your creativity. I'll keep checking back for more ideas!!!

haha You are a dork!!!

Brett said...

great job spence, those look pretty tough, good to see you're upping your culinary skills. by the way, last night i tried to puke up that chinese food. it refused to come up!...well most of it.

TOm said...

This has to be one of my all time favourite blog posts ever